Just a few reminders :
Performance date is Thursday July 25th at The Clocktower in Moonee Ponds.
Performance time is 7.00pm.
Extra tickets (if there are any) will be available now from the Clocktower. If you’re interested, give them a call.
You will be able to pick your children up from the Clocktower at the conclusion of the evening. If you are attending the performance, please listen carefully for the announcement of our allocated pick up area. WE WILL MEET YOU IN THIS AREA AFTER THE SHOW.
PARENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED BACKSTAGE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
If you are travelling to Moonee Ponds to meet your child after the show, we will meet you out the front of the theatre at the conclusion of the performance.
If your child is travelling home with another family, we will need written notification.
Please send any notes to MRS WRIGHT as soon as possible please.
WHAT HAPPENS ON THE DAY ?
Children will arrive at school at the normal time.
They will be required to wear their sports uniform with their Wakakirri team shirt.
They will need to bring a backpack that contains the following items:
- A hairbrush
- Own mascara
- Drinks (enough for the whole day) fizzy drinks, glass bottles and cans are not permitted. We strongly recommend water and fruit drinks such as Primas.
- Dinner (once again, we suggest healthy food options, lunch will be provided by the school)
- Snacks for the day
- A book to read
- Shoes (if required for costume)
Please make sure all of your child’s belongings are clearly labelled.
Cameras, iPods, iPads, phones and other electronics are not permitted as they cannot be secured during the day. A staff member will be taking photos all day and a professional photographer (hired by Wakakirri) will be taking photos of the children in full costume and makeup. Parents will be able to access our photos at a later stage.
We will have a snack here at school then depart for the Clocktower around 10.00 am.
Upon arrival, we will be shown our dressing room and the children will be taken through all of the safety procedures for the day.
At 12.30pm we have a dress rehearsal onstage. We are given the opportunity to run through our performance twice. There is a judge present at the dress rehearsal.
After this, we will start hair and makeup.
Dinner will be about 5pm and will be a small snack.
By 6.15pm we will be in full costume ready for the night’s performance. Professional photos will be taken at this stage. The order of performance will be announced at this time.
The performance will begin at 7.00 pm. Some awards are presented on the night. However, we will not know if we’ve made it into the finals until all of the heats are finished. If we are moving on to the next level, we will be notified in several weeks’ time.
Approximately 9.15 pm pick up from the venue.
PLEASE NOTE !!!!!!!!!
DUE TO STRICT PRIVACY LAWS, NO PHOTOS OR VIDEOS ARE TO BE TAKEN ON THE NIGHT.
As you are there representing the school, we ask that this is strictly adhered to.
In the event of an emergency, you will be able to contact us on 0423643068 during the day. This number is for emergencies only. No personal calls will be allowed.
- Please ensure that your child brings the part of their costume (that they are supplying, that will be shoes or ¾ black leggings) to school by no later than Monday!!. These need to be labelled and packed ready to take on the day.
- Almost all children require black leggings (these will be worn under their costume)
- Some children require footwear (children in the war scene, the party scene and the old people)
- If your child requires medication, it should be sent to school clearly labelled in a Ziplock bag.