At St Peter’s we have a vibrant and contemporary arts program. Students are engaged in visual and performing arts classes taken by specialist teachers.
- Students participate in a fortnightly lesson from Year Prep to Year Six.
- Students learn about increasingly complex forms of music as they make and respond to different musical styles and genres, from a range of historical and cultural contexts.
- Students learning music listen, perform and compose.
- In Music, students’ exploration and understanding of the elements of music, musical conventions, styles and forms expands with their continued active engagement with music.
- Music is learned through developing skills and knowledge associated with the elements of music.
How it happens in the classroom
- Through Songs and Activities the students are introduced to the basic concepts of Tempo, Beat, Pitch, Rhythm and Dynamics. Year Prep to Year 4
- Drama and Christmas Performance
- Year 5 and 6 students are introduced to Basic Music Theory
Programs and Assessment
- Main Program used is Music Classroom and Music Theory Grade 1
- Where possible the content supports the curriculum in the classroom
- Students are assessed regularly through class activities and senior students through performance